Amy is an experienced Operations Executive, with a demonstrated ability to lead medical billing contracts and develop medical billing professionals. Strong technical and business qualifications with a proven track record of managing accounts receivable programs in a fast-paced pre-hospital environment.
Amerik Medical Billing: 2015 – Present
Owner, Chief Operating Officer
Oversees all day-to-day management for Amerik, along with all contract management between clients.
- – 22 years experience developing and managing public and private medical billing companies
- – Nationally-recognized speaker on billing-related topics in the medical billing industry
- – Led large private EMS provider through OIG investigation resulting in no negative findings
Electronic Billing Solutions, Inc: 2005 – 2015
Healthcare Management and Billing Director
Managed all aspects of operation for Electronic Billing Solutions, Inc., including startup and expansion of all new business development and client relationships. Ensured EMS providers receive proper and accurate payment for claims in a timely and efficient manner. Guided private and county-based EMS providers in CMS regulations and monitored day-to-day practices for compliance. Provided documentation and reimbursement workshops to client and state associations.
3HC: 1993 – 2004
Responsible for day-to-day operations of nine clinical home health and hospital branches. Duties include managing monthly billing to Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and private pay.
AHIMA, Registered Health Information Technician
- – Certification
Wayne Community College – Goldsboro, North Carolian
- – Associate Degree, Business Administration
Lenoir Community College – Kinston, North Carolina
- – EMT, B
Academy of Certified Ambulance Coders
- – Certified Ambulance Coder
Certified Healthcare Billing and Management Executive
- – Healthcare and Billing Management Association